Zim is a great text editor for taking quick notes, creating multiple wiki pages “wiki style”, adding and managing to do lists, including attachments along with plain text format, and many more features. Check the installation instructions and a list of the main features for Zim text editor down below.
Zim text editor main features
- Support many types of markup and handles it as wiki text to easily edit it using other text editors.
- Create wiki pages with back link support.
- Hyperlink support.
- Embed images and attach files.
- Creating task lists “To Do List”.
- Export a single note or the whole notebook as HTML, LaTeX, Markdown, and RST.
- Include many plugins which increase the Zim text editor functionality, such as ” table of content, map link, quick note, spell checker, print to browser, variety of mathematical plugins, and many more”.
What’s new in Zim 0.59 | Changelog
This release fixes a critical bug in the editor widget that can lead to loss of content for specific combinations of formatting. In addition week numbers in Journal pages are fixed and Tasklist tag inheritance is improved.
Install Zim 0.59 on Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal Using PPA
Run Terminal ” Ctrl+Alt+t “, then type,
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:jaap.karssenberg/zim
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install zim
[note]This is the official PPA and it support installing the last stable release Zim version 0.59 on Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin, Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot, Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx and the development release Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail.[/note]
For other Linux distributions, check the Download page.
Zim text editor.
Zim 0.60 has been released
This release adds a Recent Changes dialog and a search entry in the toolbar. A critical bug is fixed when using templates that have a resources folder. An additional fix has been made for week numbers in Journal pages. Updates have been made to the Distraction Free Editing plugin, the Quick Note plugin and the Attachments Browser plugin. New translations are added for Korean and Norwegian Bokmal. Note that from this release onwards python 2.6 is prerequisite.