Wine allows you to run Microsoft Windows applications in Unix/Linux operating systems. Development release of wine 1.3.23 has been released, here are the changelog and installations instructions.
What’s new in Wine 1.3.23 Development | Changelog
- Support for stubless COM proxies on x86-64.
- Builtin dxdiag now outputs real information.
- Monochrome bitmap format in the DIB engine.
- Beginnings of a true shell Explorer builtin.
- A number of new D3DX9 functions.
- More support for Indic text shaping.
- Various bug fixes.
[note]This is a development release install it at your own risk[/note]
Install Wine 1.3.23 In Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal PPA
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine1.3
works in Ubuntu based distributions as well. Check download options Here for binary packages for many distributions “CentOS, Fedora, SUSE, FreeBSD, …etc”