Video LAN announced the new maintenance release of VLC multimedia player version 2.0.1, This release includes many bug fixes, security updates, and improvements to Mac OS X interface since the major release VLC 2.0.0. Check the full changelog installation instructions down below.
After 15 million downloads of VLC 2.0.0 versions, VideoLAN and the VLC development team present the second version of “Twoflower”, a bugfix release.
Support for MxPEG files, new features in the Mac OS X interface are part of this release, in addition to faster decoding and fixes for hundred of bugs and regression, notably for HLS, MKV, RAR, Ogg, Bluray discs and many other things.
VLC 2.0.1 Changelog
- Support for MxPEG files and streams
- New features in the Mac OS X interface for more customization.
- Numerous fixes in the Qt, the Mac OS and the skins interfaces.
- Fixes for HTTP Live Streaming, CDDB, UDP/RTP support.
- Security issues SA-1201 and SA-1202.
- Limited support for Bluray discs menus.
- Numerous fixes for MKV support.
- Fix for splitted RAR files playback.
- Numerous fixes for more than 120 bugs.
- Codec and 3rd party libraries security updates.
[How To]: Install Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin Using PPA
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:videolan/stable-daily
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vlc
Launchpad repository Video LAN daily stable PPA.
VLC 2.0.1 news announcements.