The maintenance release of VLC “Twoflower” multimedia player version 2.0.1 is available to install on Fedora 16 Verne and Fedora 15 Lovelock. A few weeks ago, we have seen the changelog and installation instructions for Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot Using PPA in this post.
VLC 2.0.1 Changelog
- Support for MxPEG files and streams
- New features in the Mac OS X interface for more customization.
- Numerous fixes in the Qt, the Mac OS and the skins interfaces.
- Fixes for HTTP Live Streaming, CDDB, UDP/RTP support.
- Security issues SA-1201 and SA-1202.
- Limited support for Bluray discs menus.
- Numerous fixes for MKV support.
- Fix for splitted RAR files playback.
- Numerous fixes for more than 120 bugs.
- Codec and 3rd party libraries security updates.
[How To]: Install VLC 2.0.1 on Fedora 16 Verne Using ATrpms repository
ATrpms repository provides VLC 2.0.1 for x86_64 and i686 CPU architectures. First you will need to install the ATrpms repository for your system.
1. Import ATrpms’ signing key
Run Terminal, then type
rpm --import http://packages.atrpms.net/RPM-GPG-KEY.atrpms
2. Choose the suitable configuration file for you system package manager depending on your CPU architecture “x86_64 or i686 “.
Finally run terminal to install the VLC 2.0.1
yum install vlc
To Install VLC 2.0.1 On Fedora 15 Lovelock
You can use the same installation instruction, except you will need to choose a different configuration file for the package manager for Fedora 15 “Lovelock” from Here.
ATrpms repository installation guide.
Videolan VLC multimedia player.