Audacious is free and open-source lightweight audio player for Linux, BSD derivatives and Microsoft Windows. Check installation instructions and changelog down below.
Audacious 3.4.1 Changelog
- Audacious 3.4 on Ubuntu 13.04: no gapless playing with ALSA output.
- .minipsf looks for .psflib one directory level up.
- Tray icon missing after restarting xfce4-panel.
- Neon plugin fails to play stream over proxy with authentication.
- Buffer size too small for HVSC songlengths db.
- no metadata display for opus files.
- metadata updating failed and other weird tag issues.
- [PATCH] file writer flac does not write tags.
- [PATCH]: Fix skinned ui not being drawn properly with gtk-3 >= 3.9.
- Further information about fixed bugs #314, #316, #317, #319, #326, #329, #332, #334, and #336.
[How To]: Install Audacious 3.4.1 on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail Using PPA
This repository “webupd8” PPA supports installaing Audacious 3.4.1 on Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander, Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail, Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin and its derivatives such as Linux Mint 15 and Elementary OS Luna.[/note]
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install audacious
Download Audacious and install from the source
More information about installing Audacious for other Linux distribution, check Download page.