Gimp 2.7.4 graphics editor application has been released. The Latest development release brings many improvements to the single-window-mode, better tablet support specially after updating the brushes engine on tablets like Wacom, and several bug fixes. Hopefully this could be the last development release of Gimp 2.7.x leading to the stable release Gimp 2.8 .
What’s New In Gimp 2.7.4 | Changelog
Changes since Gimp 2.7.3 release
- Add a close button to image tabs in single-window mode
- Improve the transform tools’ undo strings to be more descriptive
- Render the layer’s “eye” icon in inconsistent state if the layer is visible, but one of its parents isn’t
- Add proper stacking for canvas items, so things don’t hide each other
- Make sure single-window-mode and multi-window-mode are always saved consistently in sessionrc
- Fix “render_image_tile_fault: assertion `tile != NULL’ failed” warnings that occurred for some image sizes
- Fix attachment of the floating selection when the gegl projection is enabled
- Replace heal algorithm with a new one by Jean-Yves Couleaud that works much better
- Make resource sub-folders show up in UI as tags, allowing users to easily locate resource collections they may have installed
- Fix graphics tablet canvas interaction by moving from gdk_pointer_grab() to gtk_grab_add() for most grabs
- Stop using motion hints, they are a concept from the dark ages
- Add a basic paint dynamics PDB interface
- Make writing color space information to BMP files optional
- PSD loader now reads and imports working paths
- Lots and lots of undeprecations
- Add devel-docs/gegl-porting-plan.txt
Source and build system:
- Make git-version.h generation work in shallow git clones
- Modernize use of autotools a bit, maintainer-mode and pdbgen are now enabled by default
- Make gimptool install scripts in the correct system-wide directory
- Fix lots and lots of stuff found by static code analysis
[How To]: Install Gimp 2.7.4 On Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot Using PPA
[note]This release is not recommended to use in a production machine, just test purposes[/note]
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:matthaeus123/mrw-gimp-svn
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gimp
Repository “PPA named mrw-gimp-svn for matthaeus123”
Download Gimp 2.7.4 source code.
Check Gimp 2.7.x release notes.
Gimp 2.7.4 with tablet support.
Gimp 2.7.4 changelog.