Choqok is a free and open-source micro-blogging client for Twitter.com, Identi.ca and opendesktop.org services. Choqok 1.4 comes with a new plugin called “BetterNotify” for displaying notification for Choqok services, also it has fixed some minor bug fixes. Check the installation instructions down below for Ubuntu and its derivatives.
- BetterNotify plugin is a new notification viewer. it can be used for displaying notification for Choqok micro-blogging services such as Twitter, Identi.ca and opendesktop.org services. You can set certain accounts with certain time line for your account such as “Inbox messages, replies, and home time line” to be displayed in the notification area. Check the detailed information about “BetterNotify” plugin in developer blog.
- Support for Twitter API v1.1 (Thanks to Daniel Kreuter for his effort on it).
- “mark timeline as read” menu item added to tabs context menu (Lim Yuen Hoe).
- Show “in reply to” in twitter search timelines (Lim Yuen Hoe).
- Identi.ca support removed from StatusNet plugin, we still support StatusNet.
- And some other minor fixes.
- Check the full list of features of Choqok Micro-blogging client.
[How To]: Install Choqok 1.4 on Kubuntu 13.04
[note]This is repository is recommended in this release announcement for installing Choqok in Kubuntu and it will works with Ubuntu derivatives “Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander, Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin[/note]
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:adilson/experimental
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install choqok
Download the source package for Choqok 1.4.