Wine is a free and open source tool allows you to run Microsoft Windows applications on Linux, BSD, Solaris and Mac OS X. The weekly development release of Wine brings many improvements and bug fixes. Check the changelog and download links down below.
What’s new in Wine 1.7.1
- Support for keyed event objects.
- Support for the “init once” synchronization mechanism.
- Activation context support for DLLs, typelibs, and COM classes.
- Support for loading 32-bit typelibs on 64-bit.
- Various Mac driver fixes.
- Some fixes for serial port devices.
- Various bug fixes.
Check the full list of changes and bug fixes in the Wine 1.7.1 release announcements Here.
Install the Stable Release Wine 1.6 On Ubuntu using PPA
This is the official repository for Wine development team, to install stable and weekly development release.
Run Terminal “Ctrl+Alt+t”
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine1.6
Official Download page to install Wine from the source.