Wine application allows you to run Microsoft Windows applications on Linux, BSD, and MAC OS X. This week development release Wine 1.3.36 supports dynamic devices using UDisks utility which allows you to mount, unmount, format, and safely remove devices “External USB drive, USB flash drive, hard drive,..etc”. Also this release has many enhancements, and several bug fixes.
What’s New In Wine 1.3.36 | Changelog
- UDisks backend for the dynamic device support.
- Add support for D-Bus provider “UDisks”
- Polygons and geometric pens implemented in the DIB engine.
- JScript now compiles entire functions.
- Improved support for vertical fonts.
- A few more scripts in UniScribe.
- A bunch of ctype functions implemented in MSVCP.
- Various bug fixes. check the full list of changelog.
Download Wine 1.3.36
Download page includes binary packages for different package management systems and the source code for Wine 1.3.36.
Install Wine 1.3.36 On Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot Using PPA
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine1.3
For Ubuntu users be patient till the last development release build on the official repository