Ubuntu Tweak is a simple application allows you to configure Ubuntu in many ways, such as customizing theme, fonts appearance, Unity user interface settings, some compiz desktop effects, system configurations, integrated clean up tool using computer janitor, and many more features.
A few months ago, we have seen the mockup design of Ubuntu Tweak 0.6 and the new features added lately to it such as the adding additional plugins to enhance the usage of Ubuntu Tweak, which means you can make your own plugin for specific purpose and run it through Ubuntu Tweak.
Changelog Highlights of Ubuntu Tweak 0.6.0
- Brand new UI and interaction focus on better looking and easy to use
- Supports the latest Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot and well integrated with system
- Every part of Ubuntu Tweak is plug-able, this make Ubuntu Tweak more powerful then ever before
- Janitor keeps your system clean
- Overview makes you know your system better
Install Ubuntu Tweak 0.6.0 Stable
Download Ubuntu Tweak 0.6.0 For Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot deb package.
Also Ubuntu Tweak older version still available for older releases of Ubuntu ” Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal, Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx, and Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala”.
For who would like to install Ubuntu Tweak for any release of Ubuntu using PPA “official stable repository”.
Run Terminal “Ctrl+Alt+t”, then type
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:tualatrix/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak
Release notes source.