Ubuntu Manual project was founded in 2009 for creating a simple and comprehensive user guide for Ubuntu releases and its derivatives. Now, the new Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail getting started guide is available to download as a PDF file and printed version.
Ubuntu Manual Project is originally created for Ubuntu Beginners which gives them a walk-through installation process, new features, methods for installing new applications manually, using the main application and main features in Ubuntu, …etc.
Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail Getting Started Guide Main Topics
- Downloading the proper image file for you machine’s hardware specs, and installation of Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail process.
- A walk-through Unity user interface “Unity launcher, Unity Dash, Heads-Up Display “HUD”, work spaces.
- Browsing files and folders using Nautilus file manager.
- Customize you desktop elements such as ” Backgrounds, fonts, themes, launcher icon size “.
- Default installed applications such as Office suite called “Libre Office” for text processing, excel, and presentation, calculation, drawing. also, comes with several applications such as Firefox web browser, Rhythmbox audio player, shotwell image viewer/editor, Totem video player, Brasero disk burner, Ubuntu One personal clouding services, …etc.
- Installing new applications using Ubuntu software Center.
- Managing repositories and updating packages.
- Ubuntu file system architecture.
- managing user accounts and groups.
- Files and folders permissions.
- Firewall and Encryption methods to keep your system secure and your personal data safe.
- Installing WineHQ application Ubuntu 13.04 which allows you to run Microsoft windows applications on Ubuntu.
- Troubleshooting and debugging instructions.
- Also it includes several resources and helpful links which will help you to know more about Ubuntu and Linux.
Ubuntu Manual Project is written under open-source license which means you can share, modify and read its content. Also, it is available to Download as PDF file and you can buy in print version.
Buy in print version of Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from Here.
If you would like to contribute in this project as an author, editor, programmer, or designer. Please check this Link for more information.