The first official Alpha of the upcoming release Ubuntu 12.10 has been released with code name Quantal Quetzal. Developers at Ubuntu Developmenet Summit “UDS” discussed many of the possible features and changes in the upcoming release. Let’s check the highlights of the recent changes to Quantal Quetzal.
This is an early development stage of Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal. So, it’s not recommended to use it in a production machine.
If you would like to use it. the best way to use it in a virtual machine using “VirtualBox” application or using the the live session from a USB stick.
What’s new in Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal Alpha 1 | Derivatives
- Linux Kernel 3.4.0-5.11 brought to this release. It’s based on the final v3.4 upstream Linux kernel.
- Gnome 3.5.2 ” Desktop environment and applications “.
- Unity/Unity 2D 5.12.0.
- Ubuntu software center 5.3.0.
- Mozilla Firefox 14 ” development version “.
- Gwibber 3.5.0 microblogging client.
- KDE 4.8.3 ” Desktop environment and applications “.
- Amarok 2.6 beta1.
- Check the full list of changes on the blueprint for Ubuntu Quantal Quetzal.
Download Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal Alpha 1
- Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal i386 Desktop
- Torrent – i386 Desktop
- Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal amd64 Desktop
- Torrent – amd64 Desktop
- Check the full list of Download options and the MD5 sum keys Here.
Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal Alpha 1 Release Notes.
According to the release schedule the next Alpha will be released in June 28th, 2012.