Tiny Core team just announced the release of Tiny Core 4.0 along with Micro Core and Multi Core. Tiny Core kernel has been updated to version 3.0.3, other packages has been updated as well in the new repository areas for Tiny Core.
Tiny Core 4.0 Changlog:
- Updated kernel to 3.0.3
- Updated udev to 173
- Updated glibc to eglibc-2.13
- Updated e2fsprogs base libs to 1.41.14
- Updated gcc base libs to 4.6.1
- Updated util-linux base libs to 2.19.1
- Updated eglibc for 486/586 support.
- Updated base Xlibs (microcore users need to get new Xlibs.tcz)
- Updated all the custom core utilities to use the new repository area.
- New loadcpufreq to handle module loading.
- Updated ondemand for console based extensions via Freedesktop Exec=cliorx prgname
- Updated tce-load & tce-audit for dynamic KERNEL dependency processing.
- Adjusted .xsession to handle X startup failure.
- Adjusted .setbackground colors for wallpaper handling.
- Updated AppBrowser Search and Keyword as described below.
- Updated ab Search and Keyword.
- Updated search.sh internal script support for new search method shared by AppBrowser & ab
- New keyword.sh internal script support for new keyword method shared by AppBrowser & ab
- Updated loadcpufreq ( C rewrite for speed)
- Updated busybox 1.19.2 with latest patches and nbd-client
- Updated rebuildfstab, tc-config, & rc.shutdown for nbd-client support.
- Updated getTime.sh for random selection of time servers (atl chi sj).
- Updated Luxi fonts to disable hinting.
Tiny Core 4.x repository areas for this release and upcoming 4.x releases as well is Here
Download Tiny Core 4.0 ” Micro Core and Multi Core “
You want to find out what are the differences between Tiny Core, Micro Core and Multi Core before downloading. Check an early post about Tiny Core 3.8 mentioned the differences between them.
Tiny Core 4.0 release notes source