Tiny Core is one of the most smallest Linux distributions, using Busybox as a user interface and comes and Kernel 2.6 based. Tiny Core comes 3.8 comes along with Micro Core and Multi Core. So let’s check the release announcements, changelog and download options.
Before we go any further let’s check the differences between Tiny Core, Micro Core and Multi Core distributions.
Tiny Core: is a minimal distribution comes with user interface Busybox, Tiny X, FLTK and Linux kernel based 2.6. with last stable version of Tiny Core 3.8 the kernel is updated to version 22.214.171.124.
Micro Core: is as same as the Tiny core but without graphical user interface which comes with console based engine of Tiny Core. Also it’s even smaller than Tiny Core ” about 7MB “.
Multi Core: is combining between both Tiny core and Micro core. Multi Core includes networking tools, an installer, control panel, x Kill, terminal, wbar configuration, .. and more.
Tiny Core 3.8 Changelog
- Updated AppsAudit dependencies menu grouping and added “Fetch Missing Dependencies”.
- Updated AppsAudit – updated error reporting and now reports stale extensions.
- Updated AppsBrowser – clear Search&Provides field upon results.
- Updated Wallpaper – Improved GUI. Now with a single window.
- Updated screenshot to display file name created upon completion.
- Updated mnttool – added a refresh button.
- Updated wbarconf – support for no initial .wbar
- Updated busybox – 1.18.5 new depmod applet and audit of required applets.
- Updated tc-audit added “fetchmissing” to fetch missing dependencies.
- Updated tce-load – now allows re-downloading non-installed extensions to better handle download failures.
- Updated tce-setup & tce-load to ensure busybox calls thus avoiding conflicts with various gnu utilities.
- Updated rc.shutdown – removed sleep to improve shutdown speed.
- Updated search.sh – improved searching by title results and support for fat file-system.
- Updated provides.sh – support for fat file-system.
- Updated tce-setup, tce-load, and loadpack.sh – alias for new depmod applet.
- Updated .profile – new user login sudo issue resolved.
- Updated rebuildfstab and tc-config for AOE support.
- Updated tc-functions getpassword to support backspace during input.
- Updated tce-setup for loading “tce” directory on cdrom and installable via updates to tc-install & tc-grub4dos
- Updated multicore.iso now uses extension directories for network, install, or grub4dos.
- New icons for AppBrowser and AppsAudit.
For more download options and check sum Here.
Also check the release announcements Here.