qBittorrent is a free Bittorrent client written in C++ and based on Qt4 toolkit. It works on all major platforms “Linux, MAC OS X, Microsoft Windows, and FreeBSD”. The latest release of qBittorrent version 2.9.7 fixes many of the recently reported bugs in the past few weeks. Check the changelog and Download options down below.
qBittorrent 2.9.7 Changelog
- BUGFIX: Fix download first/last pieces state reporting.
- BUGFIX: Fix name of progress column in torrent content panel.
- BUGFIX: Disable system tray icon on Mac OS X.
- BUGFIX: RSS downloader should not ignore “Do not start automatically” rule (closes #946910).
- BUGFIX: Fix DHT port setting in Web UI (Closes #952182).
- BUGFIX: Fix possible Web UI authentication problem when using SSL (closes #941343).
- BUGFIX: Fix possible issues with folder removal when removing a torrent.
- I18N: Add Basque translation.
- check the full list of qBittorrent features.
[How To]: Install qBittorrent 2.9.7 On Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot and Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal using PPA
Run Terminal “Ctrl+Alt+t”
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install qbittorrent
For more download options for other Linux distributions and other platforms check the Download Page.