qBittorrent 2.8.5 has been released. Last stable release comes with a few bugs fixes, and improved torrent search plugins.
qBittorrent is a free bittorrent client works on many platforms “Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, and FreeBSD”. qBittorrent includes the basic features available in many bittorrent clients, also it has a few advanced features ” remote access using web interface, advanced RSS support, IP filtering and more“.
qBittorrent 2.8.5 Changelog
ArchLinux users will be happy to know that this version finally supports Python 3.x, making the search engine available to them too.
- BUGFIX: Fix encryption setting saving in Web UI
- BUGFIX: Fix “Copy torrents to” setting saving in Web UI
- BUGFIX: Announce to all trackers in a tier to avoid stalling issues
- BUGFIX: Make search engine work with Python 3.x
- BUGFIX: Fix search engine plugins update tool
- BUGFIX: Fix KickAssTorrents search plugin
- changelog source.
Install qBittorrent 2.8.5 On Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal and Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat Using Official PPA
Run terminal and follow the steps for adding the repository and installing qBittorrent 2.8.5
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install qbittorrent
More Download options for different Linux distributions “Fedora, Debian, Gentoo, ArchLinux, Slackware, OpenSUSE, .. etc” and other operating system follow this link Here.