OpenShot is a free and open source video editor for Linux operating systems. OpenShot is capable of editing high definitions video formats including HDV and AVCHD. It comes with many video transitions and several audio and video effects. Also you can use OpenShot for adding templates titles and 3D animated titles depends on Blender graphics applications.
The last stable release of OpenShot version 1.4.1 has been release with some new features such as new 3D title animation called “wireframe text” requires Blender 2.6x you can install from Here. Also comes with a new video effect “fish eye” and many enhancements to the user interface and several bug fixes.
Highlights of OpenShot 1.4.1 | Changelog
- New 3D animation (wireframe text)
- New Titles (gold)
- New Effects (fish eye)
- New Animation Presets
- Support for Blender 2.6.X
- Localization fixes (seg faults, audio volume, rotation effect)
- UI bugs (disappearing icons using some GTK themes)
- Improved Help Manual
- Improved Title UI (interactive font list)
- Improved Precision (clip length, default image length)
- Check the release notes and the full list of bug fixes.
- OpenShot Feature list.
Install OpenShot 1.4.1 on Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot and Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin Using PPA
OpenShot official website provides an official repository PPA for Ubuntu users works on Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin LTS, Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot, Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat and Ubuntu 9.10 Lucid Lynx.
Run Terminal “Ctrl+Alt+t”
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install openshot openshot-doc
For more Download options for other Linux distributions check the OpenShot Download page.