Musique is simple and lightweight music player formerly known as “Minitunes”. It works on on major operating systems such as Linux, MAC OS X and Microsoft Windows. Musique is available to use for free on Linux operating systems. On the other hand, MAC OS X and Windows users will have to pay for the full version. Lucky us, we are Linux users!
What’s New In Musique 1.1 | Changelog
The latest release Musique 1.1 brings scrobbling support for Last.fm users, this feature displays songs you have recently listened to through Musique.
- Last.fm scrobbling.
- Album covers from image files or embedded in audio files.
- Lyrics are now read from inside MP3 files when not available online.
- Faster music collection scanning.
- Album covers and artist photos are downloaded in the background.
- Album release year inside tags has now precedence over Last.fm often incorrect release year.
- Fixed duplicate tracks after rescan on Windows.
- Lots of minor UI enhancements.
Extract the tar.gz and run “musique”.
Install Musique 1.1 On Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot Using PPA
For Ubuntu users, Musique 1.1 is available to install using WebUpd8 repository PPA.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install musique
For further installation instruction check this link.
Consider making a donation for Musique through official web page.