The last stable release Mozilla Firefox 8 is now available for Linux, Android, MAC OS X, and Windows. Firefox 8 for desktop and mobile devices which known as Fennec as well, both brings many enhancements, performance improvements and new features.
What’s New In Firefox 8 For Desktop | Changelog
- Add-ons installed by third party programs are now disabled by default
- Added a one-time add-on selection dialog to manage previously installed add-ons
- Added Twitter to the search bar for select locales. Additional locale support will be added in the future
- Added a preference to load tabs on demand, improving start-up time when windows are restored
- Improved performance and memory handling when using <audio> and <video> elements
- Added CORS support for cross-domain textures in WebGL
- Added support for HTML5 context menus
- Added support for insertAdjacentHTML
- Improved CSS hyphen support for many languages
- Improved WebSocket support
- Fixed several stability issues
- Fixed several security issues
- Check the full list of bug fixes.
What’s New In Firefox 8 For Mobile “Fennec” | Changelog
- Master Password: Added support for one master password to help users encrypt saved usernames and passwords for increased security
- Add Bookmarks to Your Home Screen: Users can now bookmark any website and add it to their Android Home Screen. From the Home Screen, the user can launch the bookmarked website with one click
- Firefox for Android is built on the same rendering engine as Firefox for desktop computers. Please see the Firefox release notes for additional relevant changes
- There are now over 160 add-ons for Firefox for mobile, and counting. Thanks to our awesome community, the number of exciting compatible add-ons increases constantly.
- If you are a developer: Now is the time to extend your reach and build a new awesome add-on, or to make your mobile add-ons compatible with Firefox for Android. Find all the tools and resources you need on theMozilla Developer Network.
- Existing add-on developers can find more information about the specific changes in this version on the Mozilla Developer Network.
- Please see the features from previous releases to see what other technologies are available for add-on developers.
Install Mozilla Firefox 8 On Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot and Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal
Just keep your system up to date it will be updated to the last stable release of Firefox, or if you want to update to Mozilla Firefox 8 only run this Command.
Run Terminal, then type,
Probably it will take some time till the last stable release Mozilla Firefox 8 build on the official repository for Ubuntu Oneiric and Natty. Please be patient.
Install Mozilla Firefox 8 On Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx Using Official PPA
Run Terminal, then type,
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firefox
Download Firefox 8 For Linux with different Languages.
Download Mozilla Firefox 8 for Mobile
Mobile version of Firefox 8 available to Download through this link for Android devices, Apple IPhone, and Mobile developer version on Linux.
Twitter search engine image source.
Firefox 8 Desktop release notes source.
Firefox 8 Mobile “Android” release notes source.