it’s not been a long time since the Mozilla Firefox 4 release few weeks ago, Mozilla Firefox 5 released with no major changes to user interface. According to Mozilla developer release announcements has few changes and bug fixes.
What’s new in Firefox 5
Do Not Track is a great way to keep your third party application don’t track your currently surfing websites.
- Added support for CSS animations
- The Do-Not-Track header preference has been moved to increase discoverability
- Tuned HTTP idle connection logic for increased performance
- Improved standards support for HTML5, XHR, MathML, SMIL, and canvas
- Improved spell checking for some locales
- Improved desktop environment integration for Linux users
- WebGL content can no longer load cross-domain textures
- Background tabs have setTimeout and setInterval clamped to 1000ms to improve performance
- Fixed several stability issues
- Fixed several security issues
Install Firefox 5 in Ubuntu 11.04
in Ubuntu 11.04 official repository already have the currently last stable release of Firefox, simply run terminal and type
For older versions of Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid also works in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty as well.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firefox
For more Download options with different languages Here.