The latest stable release Mozilla Firefox 10 web browser for desktop and mobile users has been released. Firefox 10 for desktop users brings improvements to the user interface, better add-ons compatibility, CSS 3D-Transforms and several enhancements.
What’s New In Mozilla Firefox 10 For Desktop
- The forward button is now hidden until you navigate back
- Most add-ons are now compatible with new versions of Firefox by default
- Anti-Aliasing for WebGL is now implemented (see bug 615976)
- CSS3 3D-Transforms are now supported (see bug 505115
- HTML5: <bdi> element for bi-directional text isolation, along with supporting CSS properties (see bugs 613149 and 662288)
- HTML5: Full Screen APIs allow you to build a web application that runs full screen (see the feature page)
- We’ve added IndexedDB APIs to more closely match the specification
- Inspect tool with content highlighting, includes new CSS Style Inspector
- FIXED: Mac OS X only – after installing the latest Java release from Apple, Firefox may crash when closing a tab with a Java applet installed (700835)
- FIXED: Some users may experience a crash when moving bookmarks (681795)
- Check the full list of changes for Firefox 10.0 “Changelog”.
Download Mozilla Firefox 10 For Desktop
Firefox-10.0.tar.bz2 and for more download options such as different languages and for other operating systems packages, check Firefox Download Page.
Update to Firefox 10 On Ubuntu and Fedora
For Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot users, Firefox will be updated on the local repository soon, so you won’t need to add additional repository. For Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin “Development branch” is already have the latest release of Mozilla Firefox 10.
If you want to install/update Mozilla Firefox 10 now on Ubuntu 11.10, Ubuntu 11.04, Ubuntu 10.10, Ubuntu 10.04 Using PPA.
This PPA for testing purposes. Install it at your own risk.
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-security/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firefox
For Fedora 16 users Firefox 10 will be updated as well on the local repository.
Firefox 10.0 “Desktop and Mobile” release notes.