LibreOffice is a free and open source cross-platform Office Suit works on Linux, MAC OS X and Microsoft Windows. LibreOffice 4.1.x brings many new features and many bug fixes to the stable release version 4.1.1. Check installation instructions and download options down below.
Check the full list of new features in LibreOffice 4.1.x Branch. Also Here’s the release notes including the fixed bugs in LibreOffice 4.1.1
- Some fields don’t fit into Options dialog (fdo#61544) fixed in 4.1.1
- Letters move around during editing/typing (fdo#64957)
- Encrypted documents can’t be opened on Linux (fdo#64916) fixed in 4.1.1
- Calc transforms number of spaces into a single space during the file export (fdo#67094) fixed in 4.1.1
- If you have no menus on a Debian/Ubuntu-based system or trouble with the install, you likely didnt uninstall the distro version of LibreOffice completely. You will need to make sure all the binary packages listed here: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice are uninstalled. On Ubuntu releases, executing sudo apt-get purge ‘libreoffice*’; sudo apt-get purge openoffice.org-dtd-officedocument1.0 python-uno python3-uno uno-libs3 ure should do that. fixed in 4.1.1
- Database: accessing a timestamp column through JDBC, only the date part is read (fdo#67387) fixed in 4.1.1
[How To]: Install LibreOffice 4.1.1 on Ubuntu Using PPA
Run Terminal “Ctrl+Alt+t”
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-4-1
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice
This is the official repository for LibreOffice 4.1.x series stable backports. You can use this repository to Install LibreOffice 4.1.1 on Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander, Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail, Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin and it works with its derivatives as well.
If you already have LibreOffice 4.1.1 RC2, there’s no need to update to the latest stable version, because it’s bit for bit identical
For other Linux distribution such as Fedora 19, CentOS, Mandriva, OpenSUSE, …etc.
Linux: rpm (x86) - rpm (x86_64) - deb (x86) - deb (x86_64).
- LibreOffice 4.1.1 x86 Debian packages Direct Link.
- LibreOffice 4.1.1 x86 Debian packages Torrent.
Installation Guide includes a detailed installation instruction for DEB and RPM packages for many Linux distributions. Also, for non-listed Linux distribution you can install LibreOffice using the Source code tarballs.