Do you need a quick and easy way to customize your Ubuntu desktop?! This is a great tool will help you to easily change themes, backgrounds, clean your system, install applications,…etc. Also check what’s new in Ubuntu Tweak 0.8.3 down below.
Ubuntu Tweak Features
- Change themes, and fonts.
- Customize the login screen for LightDM ” background, logo, icon theme, and GTK theme “
- Customize Unity user interface.
- Customize Quick lists for currently available applications in Unity Launcher. ” Admins –> Desktop “.
- Integrated a new method to find cool wallpapers ” Love wallpaper HD ” located in ” Tweaks ” tab.
- Customize workspaces and nautilus file manager.
- Installing and uninstalling applications through the ” Apps” tab.
- Modify software sources and ability to backup your source lists.
- Clean unnecessary packages and files from your system to keep it healthy using Janitor.
- And many many more features.
A new maintenance release of Ubuntu Tweak 0.8.x series has been release, since Ubuntu Tweak 0.8.2 it became more stable and support several features specially for Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal and Unity user interface.
What’s new in Ubuntu Tweak 0.8.3
This release comes with some bug fixes and a couple of new features, according to the developer, The App data now uses two more mirrors which means it should become more stable and faster to load currently installed applications and available applications to install through Ubuntu Tweak. However, since I updated to the last release 0.8.3 this feature is no longer working and it stick on ” Please wait a moment … “.
A quite good feature for who don’t usually uses the scroll bars to scroll up and down a cross windows and prefer to uses the mouse scroll wheel. Now you can hide the overlay scroll bar.
- Ignore the Unity WebApp specific action like S0 ~ S1 (LP: #1076417)
- Fix ubuntu-tweak crashed with SIGSEV in PyGILState_Ensure() (LP: #1074853)
- Improve “Auto detect text encoding for Chinese in Gedit” (LP: #1074572)
- thumbnailcache_plugin uses deprecated path (LP: #1090364)
- File Manager module encountered error while loading (LP: #1073795)
- ubuntu-tweak is top crasher on errors.ubuntu.com (LP: #1086722)
Ubuntu Tweak 0.8.3 is available to Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal, Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin, and Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot
PPA is available as well.
Ubuntu Tweak blog.
Ubuntu Tweak website.