Pidgin 2.10.0 chat client has been released and now it’s available to download and install on Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal using PPA.
Pidgin 2.10.0 includes few security updates and many bugs fixes. if you already have pidgin 2.9.0 it’s recommended to upgrade to latest release.
Highlights of Pidgin 2.10.0 Changelog
- Make the max size of incoming smileys a pref instead of hardcoding it. (Quentin Brandon) (#5231)
- Added a plugin information dialog to show information for plugins that aren’t otherwise visible in the plugins dialog.
- Fix building with GTK+ earlier than 2.14.0 (GTK+ 2.10 is still the minimum supported) (#14261)
- [Gadu-Gadu]Fixed searching for buddies in public directory. (Tomasz Wasilczyk) (#5242)
- Fix a potential crash in the Log Reader plugin when reading QIP logs.
- Fix a large number of strcpy() and strcat() invocations to use strlcpy() and strlcat(), etc., forestalling an entire class of string buffer overrun bugs. (The Electronic Frontier Foundation, Dan Auerbach, Chris Palmer, Jacob Appelbaum)
- Check full changelog Here.
Install Pidgin 2.10.0 On Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal Using PPA
Run Terminal then type
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pidgin
Install Pidgin 2.10.0 On Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot
Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot local repository includes Pidgin 2.10.0. So, you are not have to add additional repository for it.