MythTV is an opensource free media center application has multiple entertainment usage can be used as a personal home theater, network streaming, and digital multimedia entertainment system. MythTV supports Linux, FreeBSD and MAC OS X.
MythTV really powerful application for watching and recording TV programs. MythTV supports DVB “digital video broadcasting” it will require the necessary hardware, also supports ATSC, and QAM. MythTV offers many plugins improves the usage of MythTV.
MythTV Main Features
- Watch and record analog and/or digital TV, including HDTV.
- Pause, skip, and rewind live TV shows.
- Completely automatic commercial detection/skipping, with manual correction via an intuitive cutlist editor.
- Intelligently schedules recordings to avoid conflicts.
- Parental controls to keep your kids out of the good shows.
- Watch and archive DVDs.
- Listen to your digital music collection.
- Schedule and administer many functions remotely via a web browser.
- Flexible client/server architecture allows multiple frontend client machines to access content served by one or more backend servers (although the most common installation consists of a single computer running both the client and server together).
- Change MythTV Themes Here.
- Interfaces with TV listing sources such as XMLTV or PSIP.
- Supports Xv, OpenGL, and VDPAU video output.
- Controls a settop box using an infrared remote (IR blaster), or firewire.
- More features…
MythTV 0.24.1 Release Notes and Changelog Here.
Install MythTV 0.24.1 In Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal Using PPA
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.24
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mythtv
More Download options for major Linux distributions ” Fedora, Debian, Mythbuntu, Gentoo, …etc “ Here.
PPA works in Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric, Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick, and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid