Audacious is lightweight advanced GTK audio player based on GTK2, Supports many audio codecs. Audacious 3.0 brings new features and full GTK3 support.
Audacious 3.0 changelog
- Global hotkeys can now be set to toggle repeat and shuffle.
- The jump to track window now searches artist, album, and filename, as well as the displayed title.
- Album art embedded in Ogg Vorbis files is now displayed.
- The ./configure script can now detect an OSSv4 installation and enable the output plugin automatically.
- FFmpeg’s new API for I/O callbacks is used. An up-to-date copy of FFmpeg is required for playback of WMA, ALAC, and some other formats.
- GTK >= 2.12 and GLib >= 2.16 are now required. Nearly all Linux systems installed in the last few years will have these.
- Full GTK 3 support.
- Switching playlists no longer becomes slow when many playlists are open (AUD-340).
- MP3 decoder now links to system-wide libmpg123 rather than using embedded copy, allowing assembly-optimized floating point decoding.
- When the menu bar is hidden in the GTK interface, the menus can now be accessed by right-clicking on the playback buttons.
Install Audacious 3.0 In Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal | PPA
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:philip5/extra/ubuntu
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install audacious audacious-plugins
Check more download options for different distributions Here.