Gloobus Preview is a gnome application allows to preview files and folders with a one click. It support many file formats and works with many file managers. Gloobus previews an overlay window with the file content.
Supported file formats by Gloobus:
- Source: C++, JAVA, PHP, SH, PYTHON.
- Images: JPG, PSD, XCF, PNG, GIF, SVG, ICNS.
- Documents: PDF, CBR, CBZ, DOC, ODF, XLS, ODS, PPT, ODP.
- Audio: MP3, MIDI, WAV.
- Video: MPG, AVI, OGG, FLV, OGG, MP4, WVM, MKV.
- Other: Folders, Plain text files.
Install Gloobus on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin Using PPA
The latest version Gloobus 0.4.5 provided by webupd8 for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin and Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot. Also the PPA includes the latest version for earlier releases of Ubuntu as well.
Run Terminal “Ctrl+Alt+t”, then type,
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gloobus-preview gloobus-sushi
Now, it’s time to restart the nautilus file manager.
Click “Alt+F2″ then type,
Video preview for Gloobus running on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin
Gloobus Preview shortcuts
- By selecting any file and press the “Space Key”, it will show the overlay window with the file content.
- Click “f key” when you currently viewing any file using Gloobus Preview. It will Preview it in fullscreen mode.
Gloobus Preview Configuration
Check the configuration window for some options like if you would like to use the currently active GTK theme for your system on Gloobus. Make Gloobus always on the top. Quit Gloobus when it loses focus.
Use it with Marlin file manger
Gloobus works out of the box with Nautilus file manager. But, for who uses Marlin file manager you will need to configure Gloobus to work out with it.
the file manager that will be used by default in elementary OS, can also use Gloobus Preview. To set Marlin to use Gloobus Preview, install Dconf-Editor:
Then launch Dconf-Editor, navigate to apps > marlin > preferencesand set “/usr/bin/gloobus-preview” for the previewer-path. Then, just like in Nautilus, use the SPACE key to quickly preview files.