Gimp 2.7.3 is an image editor brings many new features and improvements as we have seen few features earlier in this post. Gimp 2.7.3 includes single window mode, new hybrid spinbutton/scale widget which takes less space in dockable dialogs, and working session managements. Gimp2.7.3 is a part of the development tree towards the stable release Gimp 2.8 will be released soon.
What’s new in Gimp 2.7.3 ” Key Features “
- Docking bars has been removed and replaced with overlayed highlights.
- Dockable menu has been moved to the tabs under window menu.
- Single Window Mode. How to Activate single window mode ” Window Menu then select single-window mode “.
- Layer groups, which helps to easily organize images in small parts.
- Enhanced text tool using on-canvas instead of using separated window.
- Tagging Gimp resources, you will be able to save used resources in XML file.
- Saving exist state of any tool as a preset and give it any name for later on usage.
- Non fixed canvas dialog sizes to adjust it as you wish.
- More compact user interface, thanks to look content button to layers, channel, path dialogs.
- Check Gimp 2.7.3 full changelog Here.
Gimp 2.7.3 is a development release, probably you will face bugs. check bugs section in the release notes for Gimp 2.7.3 Here
for how to report these bugs.
Download Gimp 2.7.3
Check the development snapshot for version 2.7.3 Here.
Install Gimp 2.7.3 On Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal using PPA
Also PPA works on Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot, Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx, and Ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala.
Launchpad PPA named mrw-gimp-svn for matthaeus123
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:matthaeus123/mrw-gimp-svn
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gimp