Fotoxx 11.08 has been released comes with many bug fixes along with new features. Fotoxx is a free open source photo editor applications, you can use to enhance your camera captured photos and apply many effects to it.
Fotoxx Key Features
- Brightness/contrast/color adjustments (drag curves using the mouse).
- Sharpen, Blur, Noise reduction, Red-eye removal.
- Trim (crop), Resize, Rotate any angle, Flip horizontal/vertical.
- Fix brightness uniformity problems (vignetting and others).
- Composites: panorama, HDR, HDF, stack (hand-held camera OK).
- Suppress noise by combining and averaging multiple noisy photos.
- Pixel painting with variable brush size and transparency.
- Warp (stretch/distort) image to fix perspective or for special effects.
- Thumbnail browser and navigator, variable thumbnail size or list view.
- Select images from the browser and burn a CD or DVD.
- Batch functions: rename, resize/export, revise tags, import RAW files.
- View 100 most recent images/thumbnails, open selected image.
- More Features.
Fotoxx 11.08 Changelog
- An Italian user guide has been added. Thank you, Doriano.
- New function DRGB: change brightness and color balance using OD units.
- Revise_RGB: added delta mode (show +/- changes from original image).
- Show RGB: added EV and OD units, delta mode, and pixel labels on image.
- Slide Show: two image transition types were added, “radar” and “jaws”.
- Slide Show: preferred image transitions can now be selected and are remembered.
- A single RAW file can now be opened like any other image file (only needs more time). Batch conversion remains an option to process many files automatically.
- Delete Area was renamed to Unselect Area (reduce ambiguity).
- If multiple dialogs are open, the F1 help topic is determined by the last dialog actually used.
- Bugfix: invalidate a select-area if Undo/Redo changes the image size.
- Bugfix: Create Blank Image was getting leftover EXIF data from a prior image.
- Bugfix: buffer overflow crash in Russian locale, due to a long translation string. Several other vulnerable places were indentified and fixed.
- Bug workaround: crash from GCC 4.5 optimization removing necessary code. Do-nothing code referencing the relevant variable was added to prevent this.
- Annoyance fix: rapid repetition of prev/next buttons or arrow keys was sometimes causing a “function still active” popup message which had to be dismissed.
- Current bug: On Ubuntu 11.04 Fotoxx refuses to print with small paper formats (A5, A6). Ubuntu 10.10 works OK. I cannot fix this.
Install Fotoxx In Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal, Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx
Download deb packages for different processor architectures.
fotoxx-11.08-i686.deb – fotoxx-11.08-x86_64.deb
Install Fotoxx In Fedora 15 Lovelock and Fedora 14 Laughlin
Download rpm packages for different processor architectures
fotoxx-11.08-i686.rpm – fotoxx-11.08-x86_64.rpm
Fotoxx for BSD Here.
also for more Download options follow this Link Here.