Mozilla Firefox 11 web browser the latest development release brings several new features improves the web browsing experience for regular users and better developing environment for web developers. A couple of new developer features added lately to the Beta version of Mozilla Firefox 11 are a style editor for CSS editing web page elements and 3D web page visualizer tool allows you to easily check the web page structure in 3D.
CSS Style Editor
This tool allows you to easily change the CSS code web page elements and view the changes simultaneously. To use the style editor, open “tools” drop down menu and open “style editor” from the web developer menu.
3D Web Page inspector
First time we have seen this tool as an add-on for Firefox to visualize the web page structure in 3D, The add-on called “Tilt 3D” and it’s available on the Mozilla add-on page. With the upcoming release of Mozilla Firefox 11 you won’t need to add additional add-on to use 3D web page visualizer. This tool requires WebGL “web-based graphics library” to be able to use it. To use the you can open it from the web developer menu or by the right click drop down menu on any location at the web page.
You can use mouse and keyboard buttons to zoom in or zoom out, rotate and pan the web page.
|Zoom||Scroll up/down||+ and -|
|Rotate||Click and drag||a/d and w/s|
|Pan||right-click and drag||Arrow keys|
What’s New in Mozilla Firefox 11 Beta
- NEW: Most add-ons are now compatible with new versions of Firefox by default.
- NEW: With Sync enabled, add-ons can now be synchronized across your computers.
- NEW: The CSS text-size-adjust property is now supported.
- HTML5: The outerHTML property is now supported on HTML elements.
- HTML5: View source syntax highlighting now uses the HTML5 parser (see bug 482921).
- DEVELOPER: The Style Editor for CSS editing is now available to web developers.
- DEVELOPER: Web developers can now visualize a web page in 3D using the Page Inspector 3D View.
- DEVELOPER: SPDY protocol support for faster page loads is now testable.
- DEVELOPER: XMLHttpRequest now supports HTML parsing.
- DEVELOPER: Files can now be stored in IndexedDB (see bug 661877).
- DEVELOPER: Websockets has now been unprefixed.
- FIXED: Redesigned media controls for HTML5 video.
- FIXED: Firefox notifications may not work properly with Growl 1.3 or later (691662).
The official download page for Firefox 11 Beta provides packages for the major operating systems and with different languages.
Install Mozilla Firefox on Ubuntu
Mozilla Firefox 11 Beta is available for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin users to install through Precise repository, to install it simply update your system using the update manger or run the this command using terminal.
sudo apt-get upgrade
For earlier releases of Ubuntu, you can install it from the official PPA for Firefox Beta releases.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install firefox