Finally the stable release of Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 with code name Squeeze has been released. Debian Squeeze includes KDE desktop, Gnome, Xfce, and LXDE desktop environment.
Debian 6.0 using 2 new ports not based on linux Kernel userland: Debian GNU/kFreeBSD for the 32-bit PC (kfreebsd-i386) and the 64-bit PC (kfreebsd-amd64).
Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 using completely free Linux Kernel, with new Kernel you are able to use a completely free operating system without using any non-free packages which no longer includes problematic firmware files, “Firmware WIKI“.
- KDE Plasma Workspaces and KDE Applications 4.4.5
- an updated version of the GNOME desktop environment 2.30
- the Xfce 4.6 desktop environment
- LXDE 0.5.0
- X.Org 7.5
- OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
- GIMP 2.6.11
- Iceweasel 3.5.16 (an unbranded version of Mozilla Firefox)
- Icedove 3.0.11 (an unbranded version of Mozilla Thunderbird)
- PostgreSQL 8.4.6
- MySQL 5.1.49
- GNU Compiler Collection 4.4.5
- Linux 2.6.32
- Apache 2.2.16
- Samba 3.5.6
- Python 2.6.6, 2.5.5 and 3.1.3
- Perl 5.10.1
- PHP 5.3.3
- Asterisk 188.8.131.52
- Nagios 3.2.3
- Xen Hypervisor 4.0.1 (dom0 as well as domU support)
- OpenJDK 6b18
- Tomcat 6.0.18
- more than 29,000 other ready-to-use software packages, built from nearly 15,000 source packages.
There are many download options available for Debian 6.0 Squeeze you can choose from depending on packages you need along with the installation disk small CDs, smaller CDs, CD, DVD, and USB sticks.
Debian Squeeze support many processor architectures and runs on palmtops and handled systems to supercomputers.
Choose free kernel installation disk if you need it
Stay tuned for more Debian squeeze posts.