Changing desktop background has never been easier. “Wallpaper Manager” application allows you to choose wallpapers from multiple online and offline sources. Check the main features of “Wallpaper manager” and DEB packages for Debian based distributions such as “Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Elementary OS Luna, ..etc”.
Wallpaper Manger | Key Features
- Most of wallpaper manager functions are used directly though a simple drop down menu in your panel.
- You can simply change desktop background from many online sources such as “National Geographic and Google search engine”, also, you can specify wallpapers based on the search term for Google or categories for NatGeo website.
- Create a favorite list of your desktop backgrounds and you will be able to save them for later.
- Categorize you wallpapers based on different backgrounds types.
- Create a XML file for your favorite and categories, so, you can create a desktop backgrounds slideshow for with the XML file. Also, you can set the time length between changing desktop backgrounds and the animation time as well.
- Change the desktop background color.
- Activate and change the screensaver directly from the drop down menu. Also, you can modify the screensaver options from XScreenSaver GUI preference window.
- Change the display mode for current desktop background between “zoom, stretched, centered, scaled and wallpaper”.
- List the history for all wallpaper you have used, edit the history list, and preview the wallpapers you have used with small thumbnails.
- Apply some color effect and modifications to the desktop backgrounds form “Image Edit” menu. You can invert colors, write on the wallpaper, and rotate the wallpaper clockwise or anti-clockwise.
- Check the full list of features Here.
[How To]: Install Wallpaper Manager for Ubuntu and its derivatives
You can Download the DEB package from Gnome-Look website, or, you can install it using PPA.
The repository supports Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Trusty Tahr, Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander, Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail, Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise pangolin.
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:baitsart/wallpaper-manager
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wallpaper-manager
Also, you can download and compile the source code for other Linux distributions.