Cairo Dock 3.0.1 has been released, it brings some bug fixes since the last major release 3.0.0 we have seen earlier. It’s recommended to update to this release since it fixes some for application core and plugins. Check the changelog and installation instruction down below.
Cairo Dock / GLX Dock is a free and open-source applications launcher for Linux platforms. It’s fully customizable by themes, also you can add additional features to it by adding third-party “plugins”.
Cairo Dock 3.0.1 ChangeLog:
- Dock’s menu: fixed 2 annoying bugs with the menus: don’t hide if the dock is raised and don’t try to check if the mouse has left the dock if the menu is raised
- Dialogues: fixed a bug where the dock could auto-hide when a modal dialogue was raised
- Fixed a compilation error on Gentoo
- Added a compilation option to not force the display of icons in menus
- Dialogue: fixed a crash with gcc-4.7: the local variable (const gchar **) can be corrupted due to optimisations
- Fixed a bug where the dock didn’t accept clicks when the mouse touches the screen edge (with auto-hide)
- Fixed a bug where the hidden dock background colour was not updated properly
- Class-Manager: fixed a bug with Windows applications whose name is in upper case (.EXE)
- GUI: use cairo_dock_get_xwindow_class() to link a program with a launcher
- French translations: fixed 2 small errors
- Gnome-integration: fixed the time&date command
- KDE integration: fixed the time&date command
- Updated previews of dustbin and logout
- Updated the version of applets that can be always visible (for the new parameters)
- Clock: numeric view: increased the size of the rectangle if an outline is used
- + modified the default colour
- Clock: Added the possibility to have an outline
- Use the core option to not force the display of icons in menus
- Minor fixes in Sound Control’s .conf file
- MusicPlayer: mpris2: metadata: trackid attribute should be of D-Bus type ‘o’
- Switcher: fixed a possible crash (division by 0) if the X manager couldn’t get info from X + removed bMenuVisible
- Clock: numeric mode: fixed a bug where the date was not displayed correctly (with OpenGL)
- Clock: numeric mode: set a minimum size for the text: we keep the ratio until 12px
- Logout: added a fallback method to get the users list if the accounts daemon service is not running
- CMakeLists.txt: fixed a CMake warning (or error?)
[How To]: Install Cairo Dock 3.0.1 On Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin
Cairo Dock 3.0.1 is available to install on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin, Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot, Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal, Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx Using this PPA.
Run Terminal “Ctrl+Alt+t”, then type
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:cairo-dock-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
For other Linux distribution check the installation instruction Here.
Plugins: The installation command will install Cairo Dock along with additional plugins. However, if you would like to add more plugins check the Third party page for Cairo Dock Here.