Cairo-Dock also known as Glx-Dock is a graphical user interface application launcher to quickly organize applications and files from docks and desklets and easily launch them.
Cairo-Dock 2.4.0 introduces many improvements, bug fixes, new applets, new themes, improved the integration of Cairo-Dock in the Xfce desktop and several plugins updates.
What’s New in Cairo-Dock/Glx-Dock 2.4.0 “Main Changes”
- The Power-Manager applet has been rewritten to work on any platform.
- A new Help applet has been added to help our beloved users
- Integration in the XFCE desktop has been improved.
- Several new DBus methods gives you the possibility to interact on the dock more easily.
- The dock can now be used in a Compiz-standalone environment.
- Let your dock dance thanks to the new Impulse applet! Have a look at this new applet, it’s fun (but useless?)
Take a quick look at the new features and improvements for Cairo-Dock installed on Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot in this screencast.
Install Cairo-Dock 2.4.0 On Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx through Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot Using PPA
Run Terminal, then type.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cairo-dock-team
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
To install Cairo-Dock on other Linux distribution “Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, Mandriva, OpenSUSE, ..etc” click Here.