BleachBit is one of the best cleaning tools works in Linux systems and Microsoft windows as well. BleachBit cleans unnecessary files including cached packaged, temporary files, thumbnails “thumb.db”, gconf keys “configurations keys” or registry keys, broken shortcuts, bash history, and internet history.
BleachBit supports cleaning many applications including web browsers ” Firefox, Chrome, Chromium, Opera, safari ..etc “, chat clients clean your chat logs for chating clients ” Pidgin, amsn, skype, …etc ” and many more features check the features page Here.
BleachBit 0.8.8 Changelog
- In Firefox, delete more session restore
- In Firefox, delete site-specific preferences
- In Firefox, delete input history.
- In Firefox, delete more URL history.
- In Google Chrome and Chromium, properly delete HTML5 cookies without deleting preferences for extensions (LP#732567)
- In Google Chrome and Chromium, delete the Databases.db files
- In Google Chrome and Chromium, delete favicons (except those that have bookmarks)
- In Google Chrome delete more history: the DNS prefetching host referral list
- In Opera, delete session backup
- Specific to Linux
- Fix crash starting as administrator on Ubuntu 11.04.
- Support Seamonkey 2.0 (pointed out by Ed Hurst and Gogeden)
- Do not delete /var/tmp/kdecache to avoid crashing KDE (KDE#271889)
- Fix crash when changing options when Linux packager has disabled online updates (LP#715286)
- Require PyGTK version 2.14 or later
- Check the rest of the changelog for windows changes Here.
Download Link includes many installation packages for major Linux Distributions.
Debian 5 (Lenny) – Debian 6 (Squeeze) – Fedora 12 (Constantine) – Fedora 13 (Goddard) – Fedora 14 (Laughlin) – Fedora 15 (Lovelock) – Mandriva 2009.1 – Mandriva 2010 – Mandriva 2010.1 – RHEL 6SLE 11 – Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy Heron) – Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty Jackalope) – Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) – Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) – Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat) – Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) – openSUSE 11.3.