Phoronix it’s a cool way to benchmark and test your system, with a lot of different testing suites, also this applications is opensource licensed under the GNU GPLv3.
Different testing suites such as ” disk suite, disk SSD testing, encoding, GUI testing, Ioquake3 game engine testing, software gaming, Database testing, Darwin, Gaming benchmarking, …….. ”
- 130+ Test Profiles
- 60+ Test Suites
- Extensible Testing Architecture
- Optional Linux-based LiveDVD/USB Testing Distribution (PTS Desktop Live)
- Automated Test Installation
- Dependency Management Support
- Module-based Plug-In Architecture
- PNG, JPG, GIF, Adobe SWF, SVG Graph Rendering Support
- Automated Batch Mode Support
- Global Database For Result Uploads, Benchmark Comparisons
- Detailed Software, Hardware Detection
- System Monitoring Support
- GTK2 Graphical User Interface + Command-Line Interface
You can get a great benchmark comparison between different operating system with same hardware specifications, and able to make side by side comparisons. Phoronix working on many platforms ” Linux, Mac OS X, windows 7, BSD, Open Solaris ”
System logs able to achieve system log such as “Xorg.0.log, Ispci, dmesg,… ”
For more information about The Phoronix Test Suite Follow this link , and this application available on ubuntu software center and you can download it from here also for different distributions.
That’s it for now.