Banshee 2.2 the stable version has been released after six months since Banshee 2.0 released. Banshee 2.2 introduces many new features and 108 bug fixes since Banshee 2.0.
What’s new in Banshee 2.2 | Enhancements
- Transfer multimedia files between your Barnes and noble Nook color device and your library.
- Add “Stop when finished” option in the notification popup menu
- Hide labels in the source pane when the group is empty
- New Devices Supported:
- Motorola Atrix
- Notion Ink Adam
- Samsung Galaxy Ace
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Xperia X12
- Add “Smiley Face Curve” default equalizer
- ArtworkManager: add –fetch-artwork argument
- MiniMode: Reduce height of window
- Support .spc files
- Set UserAgent when doing MusicBrainz queries
- Get info from the database or the file when opening a URI
- Remove keyboard shortcut for toggling scrobbling
- Cache the ArtworkID in the database for faster startup
- Various enhancements to our experimental GStreamer# backend, bringing it close to feature parity with our current C backend. It is still not built by default and not recommended for daily use, but testing is welcome.
- Check the rest of enhancements and bug fixes included by the Banshee 2.2 release notes.
Source tarball Banshee 2.2.0.tar.gz Here
Banshee Official Launchpad PPA has not been updated yet.